Not only has he become a full-blown chatterbox, but his social skills have changed - he no longer sits on the sidelines of playgroups... he is now in the thick of it and sometimes the instigator. The Y used to freak him out and now when we walk in, he's like a celebrity waving to all his adoring fans. I used to have to drag him outside to play and now if he sees anyone outside {child, adult, dog, UPS guy, door-to-door salesman} he yells "play!"
His memory is also amazing, which makes someone like me {with a freakishly amazing memory} proud. Well.... let me digress... so far his memory is exactly like mine meaning we both remember extremely insignificant details. I remember details about people's outfits, lyrics to songs, people's birthdays, etc... but I rarely remembered the important facts for tests. He knows the pig is coming up on the last page of the book and he chants "pig" over & over again until we get there {but if I'm trying to get him to learn his colors, I overly review them with him, but he still calls everything yellow}. He always remembers where he left something (shoes, cup, toys, etc...). When Roman first wakes up in the morning, he always says the last thing he remembers from the night before {even after his 11 hours of sleep}. I love it... our friends Alan & Sara were over one night with their baby, Anna, and we put Roman to bed while they were still here. The first thing he said the next day was "Baby?". When we drive by Price Chopper, he says "car cart"; when we drive by Nana & Pop's subdivision, he says their names. He even knew that the white Honda SUV in the parking lot at the Y was Jenny's - it could have been anyone's! He knows that when we get to 9 Hwy by the river that we'll see trains and he starts doing that "chain pull action" {like when you want a semi-truck to blow its horn} and says "chooo chooo". Roman associates the golf course with daddy and usually says his name when we drive by. One time he said it and he was right... there was Jason at the driving range!
Back in March, I probably had the equivalent to post-partum depression. I had lived this care-free, nothing-on-the-agenda life and then BAM! Instant 2-year old BOY. I suddenly couldn't just pop over to Target if I wanted {Visa probably thought I'd switched to Mastercard}, I couldn't go to Hobby Lobby at all {tight aisles w/breakables - yikes!}, I couldn't even vacuum when I wanted to because he was afraid of it, but if I ran it while he was asleep, it would wake him up. It sounds bad but he really cramped my style for a while. Now I can't picture it any other way. He's my little buddy, my little helper {this morning I brought the laundry basket of clean clothes up to his room and he said "Help?" Even though he totally messed up my folding job I had to nurture this quality} Roman is my "everything". I love singing the lyrics to Michael Buble's song "Everything". I know its about a girl, but it is also fitting for anyone you love:
And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times
It's You, it's you; you make me sing
You're every line, you're every word, you're everything...
... And I can't believe (that you're my man)
And I get to kiss you baby just because I can
Whatever comes our way, oh we'll see it through
And you know that's what our love can do...
It's You, it's you; you make me sing
You're every line, you're every word, you're everything...
... And I can't believe (that you're my man)
And I get to kiss you baby just because I can
Whatever comes our way, oh we'll see it through
And you know that's what our love can do...
Here is a recent pic of Roman on his new waterslide from last week {and YES! I'm working on getting the Lewau pix up for public viewing!}

3 comments:
Aunt Mary was just asking me how his English was coming along---I'll refer her to this blog. . .right!
It made me a little teary-eyed! We love you Roman!
Love you buddy!
a little teary-eyed? tears are dropping in my lap. :(
ROMAN: reading all your mommy wrote about how much you know, how many people you know, how much you're loved... you might not have had these opportunities the first 22 months of your life, but you have all that & more NOW. i'll never forget these 1st 6 months with you! you've been so incredible to watch. WE LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment