Friday, August 15, 2008

Flashback Friday - 8/15/08


I have 2 Flashback photos today. Yesterday (8/14) would have been my Grandpa Long's Birthday. We used to celebrate by going out to their house at Lake Sherwood, grilling pork-steaks, listening to the Cardinals game on the AM radio out in the driveway {& swatting bugs}, followed by a leisurely pontoon boat ride. Although I had better photos of him doing things he loved (bike racing, fishing on his boat, setting up his model trains) I used this picture because he is holding up a St. Louis Union Station train schedule from 1932 that I suppose he got as a gift. I now have it in my living room and it was one of the things I gave a coat of red spray-paint to 3 nights ago {the frame, that is... see 8/12 Ten on Tuesdays for my spray-painting escapades}.


Tomorrow (8/16) is Jason's parents, Marilyn & Larry Lewis's 39th Wedding Anniversary. This is their wedding picture {duh}. Don't they look like they were 12 when they were married? I was trying to add up in my head how many years they were married and was shocked when I realized I had attended their 25th anniversary celebration back in the first year of Jason & I dating. I was thinking "was that 5 years ago? No... 10 years ago? No... we were in college... Yikes! That was 14 years ago!" Seems like yesterday... they barely knew me but were still so warm, friendly & inviting. Congratulations!

3 comments:

hear.t. and hue said...

neat neat neat! can't wait to see the train schedule in its new red frame. how neat. marilyn & larry are so cute! darling photo!

Laney said...

Hi, I tagged you on my blog. See you tomorrow!

Jaclyn Morgan said...

Double Flash-back! Can't wait to see all of your changes per phone call and previous blg.