Tuesday, August 12, 2008

10 on Tuesdays - 8/12/08


1) PDO is closed for 2 weeks... that is the bad news... After those 2 weeks, PDO is open again for a very long time @ 5 days a week... that is the awesome news... However, I'm dwelling on the bad news.

2) You know how I go overboard on everything I've ever been involved in? {no! not Rebecca!} well... let's just say that this year's supposedly simple Lewau is... not so much. Why do I continue to do this to myself? Someone get me a subscription to Real Simple magazine... quick!


3) I'm trying to make a banner... Remember the old printers from the '80's? The ones where the paper was perforated end-on-end and then you had to tear each piece apart and then fold in the edges with the little holes and tear them off, too? I'll tell you what... those printers may have been janky because they were slow, didn't print in color and you had to do all of that tearing work, but man... it sure made making banners easier!

4) Roman has been saying this word that sounds like "nees" a lot... I finally figured out that he is talking about his "hands". If we're walking somewhere and he wants to hold my hand {I know! Sweet!}, he says "nees". If I'm washing my hands and he wants to, also, he says "nees". I even looked up the word "hand" in my Russian dictionary and the word isn't anywhere close to sounding like "nees". I correct him and say "HAND! Can you say 'hand'?" and he says "nees". I feel like Phoebe (on Friends) trying to teach Joey French. She says "Je ma appelle Claude" and he repeats "Je de coo plah". Some other funny Romanism's are:
  • ikes / sunglasses
  • mookies / music
  • keesh-ka / Casie (our dog)
  • blu / Bless You (after I sneeze or Louie burps)
  • Eeleelah / Eli & Leah (I guess Roman is Brangelina'ing people now)
  • sh / shoe
  • cl / close (as in "close the door")
  • lallo / yellow
5) Definitely, Maybe is definitely, maybe my new fave movie


6) I'm doing a photo over-haul in my house because I was heavy on Brett, Davis, Megan & Zachary (nephews & niece) and didn't have anything up of Eli & Libby (year-old nephew & niece) and Roman. While doing it, I put some pix of Roman's friends in his room and he lit up when he saw the pic of him & "Vava" (Ava across the street). He carried the frame around moving it from shelf to shelf and then finally threw it in the crib and climbed in {BrownChickenBrownCow!!!}

7) Meanwhile... my parents probably still have the same zillion pix of 6 year-old Brett at their house while poor Davis (who has been around FOUR years), Libby, Eli & Roman have no special places on the mantle, shelves, end tables & bathroom {yes, I said bathroom... they have a pic of Brett in there, too. Can you say "favorite"?} Just kidding, mom... I know you're trying. She says she doesn't have a favorite grandchild: "Brett is my oldest, Eli is my youngest, Libby is my only girl, Roman is my newest and Davis? Well... Davis is Davis" {true 'dat!}.

8) While cleaning out & organizing things this past weekend, I found a few "lost artifacts" (hee hee... family joke) that I had stashed away in boxes and am now incorporating into my decorating. One thing was a mod-podged wine bottle I made Jason for his birthday one year in college when I was poor (I think I bought him a Nautica shirt at Marshall's that year, too). I also found a soccer ball-shaped clay "box" Jason's sis Kim made for him one year in school. It is now in Roman's room on a shelf. I also found my "Rebecca" book collection my mom started for me and my baptism shoes with my name & birthday {thanks for asking... it is August 30th... and I'm registered at Tiffany's} printed on the bottom in gold. My fave, though, has to be my Indian Princesses totem pole block from 1979 {need an explanation? email me!}. My dad was "Big Buck" and I was "Little Doe" and I drew deer & trees on it in a black sharpie (even spelled "doe" wrong and scratched it out in sharpie). Right now it is sitting on my desk, but I think I'm going to find a pic of me & my daddy in our Indian vests & headbands and frame it and put it on top of the block. I also found my vest and think I may have the patches {that fell off because the glue is 27 years old} sewn back on and then I'm going to have the whole thing made into a pillow. Pix to come later...

9) Someone get the can of spray-paint away from the crazy lady! I'm going nuts giving items in my house make-overs! I even yanked off the shade from Roman's lamp to spray it lime green! I've always wanted to paint something pink but Jason would never let me. If he keeps going on golf trips, his work-bench will be pink... {love you, honey!} I was actually thinking maybe the white PVC piping flowing through the unfinished part of the basement would look cute pink, don'tcha think? {8/13 update... I did it! I finished off a can of pink spray-paint on a 2-ft section of piping... it is pretty sassy!}


10) a tenth thing... hmmm.... hard time thinking... OK... Who didn't start crying when this preshy little tyke came walking out with Yao Ming at the Olympics Opening Ceremonies? What a little hero and cute as a button, too!

4 comments:

hear.t. and hue said...

i just found all sorts of lost artifacts at mom & dad's... wooo wee i have some good stuff that was left here & some REALLY good blog posts coming up! love roman & vava!

Jaclyn Morgan said...

I especially liked Yao and the "tyke" later in the show still hanging out. Big NBA star didn't ditch the kid--that was touching to me.

Great post. Rachel tried to spiff up the basement a bit---Princess Leia is in a new frame letting Leah have her Senior Photo portfolio back. So, the other grandchildren may feel left out, but think about your sister's Senior photos being usurped by photos of a cardboard Princess Leia.

Leah Warren said...

I loved how the "tyke" went in to save the others b/c "it was his job as hall monitor"

btw I may be ganking Rachel or yours 10 on Tuesday pics if you don't make me one : ) (What's new?)

Christi Provost said...

Yeah, Lost Artifact is fun to say if you don't have to pronounce it slowly and spell it EVERY TIME SOMEONE ASKS FOR YOUR ADDRESS! Btw, I think we're staying put for another year, so it's not going away any time soon. We have friends on Flycatcher Ln, so I don't feel so bad.