Friday, August 22, 2008

Flashback Friday - 8/22/08

My poor pups... went from being Queen & King of the household to mere jokers in the one swift move of bringing Roman home {well Louie was always a joker}. They are so precious to me and I feel like these days they are hardly getting the attention they deserve. They've been banished to the basement during meals because they keep mooching off Roman, they've been exiled to our bedroom whenever we have other kids over that may be scared of dogs, they're getting yelled at for chewing on Roman's toys {that HE gives them}, etc... A few things haven't changed, though... they still sleep with us! Louie is always on the couch with me in that rare moment I get to relax and read or watch TV and Casie is always at my feet under my desk as I type or surf away.

They are the sweetest and most loyal dogs. They have always been there for me during rough patches... just having them around instantly cheers me up. I need to work on being there for them now... they're lonely, they get less perks than they used to and they're getting old - Casie is 9 and Louie is 8. Today's flashback photos are of them as puppies - both around 8 weeks old. Casie is "stuck" under our deck and Louie is riding on daddy's lap in the car! {and yes... Casie always dots her "i's" with hearts!}

2 comments:

Jaclyn Morgan said...

Ahhh, they look so sweet! I think they are probably doing better than you might think. They are getting older and, if Griffin is any indication, want to be left alone more.

hear.t. and hue said...

:( Went from near tears, to giggles at Casie dotting her hearts w/ "i"s. :)