Tuesday, August 19, 2008

10 on Tuesdays - 8/19/08


1) Hate going to the bathroom in the middle of the night because having the light on further wakes you up? Try this trick I've been doing... flick the light on only for a split second and once you turn it back off, your toilet should glow for just long enough for you to locate it and sit down.


2) My sister is having a Tag Sale on her website (in collaboration with other websites, too). It is this weekend (August 22-24). For more information go to her website www.createbyret.com or www.createbyret.blogspot.com. She is promising some major deals!!!

3) I am not a bragger. When I've done a job well-done and someone compliments me on it, I always downplay everything and act as if it wasn't a big deal. Well after some encouraging from a friend of mine, I've decided to change my attitude. I will admit the "Lew"au was Fab"lewis". More to come once I figure out how to get the "movie" of pictures onto either this blog, Shutterfly or YouTube. Stay tuned.


4) This past Sunday (8/17) was the 8-month anniversary of first meeting Roman... and he was in that precious little tux!


5) Coincidentally, we spent that day at the 10-Year Anniversary party for our old infertility clinic. They put on quite the show - 5 huge bounce houses, free ice cream truck, games, prizes, etc... but I think the best "attraction" was the long line to greet & get your photo with Dr. Daniel Stewart. I was even joking that they should have had velvet ropes to help form the line! It was refreshing to see so many people with infertility problems. I know that sounds bad because I wouldn't wish it upon my greatest enemy, but sitting in the waiting room I was always 1 of 3 people and I felt like I was the only one out there with this problem - and there were hundreds of people at this party. The staff at that clinic was undoubtedly the most sincere and accommodating people I've ever met. They always made you feel like you were their only patient. I wasn't surprised to see a line so families could have their little ones meet the man who helped bring them into the world. My sister joked "Are you sure they want you there? You're not exactly a success story of theirs"... I told Dr. Stewart that he laughed! We joked that as much money as we spent at that clinic we single-handedly could have paid for the entire party! The thing about them is that it isn't about the money. He knew when our time was up and he practically urged us to seek out adoption. He always said "Do you want to be pregnant or do you want to be a mommy?"

6) The way to Roman's heart? A wagon ride with a cookie. Pure bliss!

7) Roman and I have to stay inside for the next few nights because the mosquitos are outrageous {you know that the state bird of Missouri is the mosquito...}. We are both covered in bites, although Roman's are much worse. His face was practically sucked off by a mosquito - he has probably 10 large bumps on his forehead and cheeks, including one in his ear. Poor guy looks like a lepresy victim.


8) Has anyone ever heard of this guy named Mark... Wait no... I think it is Michael Phillips... no Michael Phelps... He is a swimmer and he is fairly good, although he could stand to tone up and lose a few pounds! You should google him or try and YouTube him - hopefully you'll find who I'm talking about because he isn't really that well-known.

9) Roman calls his #2's "(y)uckies". He also saves this phrase for trash or dog-hair clumps, etc... Last night he called the mashed sweet potatoes on his plate "uckies" and I thought it was pretty darn funny.

10) Things I never thought I'd say or have happen, but do now that I have a 2-year old:
  • "Come on, Roman! Hurry up we're running late! Wait a sec {whiff whiff} mommy needs deodorant {check the time}. Oh well" (and I proceed to leave without it on - Yikes!)
  • "Roman! Daddy doesn't want a wet wipe in his beer"
  • "Roman! Stop hugging mama and go play with your toys" (I know that sounds mean, but I was cooking on the stove and he was clingy and I didn't want him to get burnt)
  • This is the SECOND time this has happened {the first being after Roman's June 1st Poo Party} I went to the Y and was in pilates class, in child's pose and smelled poo... yep there it was on the knee of my capri pants.

2 comments:

hear.t. and hue said...

GOOD STUFF. love roman in the tux. he looks so small!

glad the party w/ dr.stewart's office was such a great time! (for the record I WAS JOKING when i said that they probably wouldn't want you there...) ;) but i love his question to you ... "do you want to be pregnant or do you want to be a mommy?" made me tear up because we all know the answer to that. you just wanted to be a mommy & now you've changed roman's life forever, for the better. and vice versa. we love you lewis family!

Leah Warren said...

Love you guys! Love my nephew...it's so weird seeing him so little. He was @ Libby's age when you met him, right?