Wednesday, October 15, 2008

White Elephant Wednesday

Every year, our cul-de-sac has a Christmas party and the hi-light is the white elephant/Yankee Swap/Dirty Santa gift exchange. The participants either scour their house for something to re-gift or go shopping for the ultimate gag {no video ipods, knitted oven mitts, and footbaths here!} . I always go the gag gift route and I've found that the best brick & mortar stores to do this at are Urban Outfitters, Spencers {duh!} and here in Kansas City, good ol' RedX. Of course... then there is the internet... {and after this post Jason is going to cancel ours}

It all started with the infamous Elephant Cigarette Dispenser from 2005, which re-surfaced at a few of our exchanges and spawned many fights {even though none of us smoke}. We've also exchanged in the past: Bedroom Mood Meter {which was purchased for a dime at a garage sale}, Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill, and a lot of wedding reject gift awesomeness like this and this.

So I'm having a virtual white elephant gift exchange and you're all invited. I'm taking out the game portion of the exchange and you get to just open your gifts now... so have at it, don't be shy:
I decided to stop at 20 items because... well... enough already. Ohhhh! And while I was doing this "research", I realized I'm still missing my Humphrey! He was last seen Halloween 2005 when I was Paris Hilton. Anyone? Anyone?

This was fun! I may do this every week... "White Elephant Wednesdays"...

2 comments:

Jaclyn Morgan said...

I saw the yodeling pickle in a shop in Brookside---dime store?

But,I think your dad needs those bacon band-aids---wonder if they smell like bacon, too?

hear.t. and hue said...

ha ha haaaaa GOOD STUFF.

and i have to say i laughed seeing the snoop dogg rubber duck. i am sooooo sick of EVERYTHING being turned into a RUBBER DUCK! it's sort of like the peeing calvins now. just like calvin now pees on everything under the sun, EVERYTHING has been rubber ducky-ized.

enough already. a bear's a bear. a duck's a duck. you don't need to put a duck bill & a duck body on a bear in order to make it a tub toy. [can you TELL it's a PET PEEVE of mine????] just take notice when you're out shopping... you'll see what i mean. and that snoop-dogg duckie was just the icing on the cake!