Saturday, October 18, 2008

Our Little Monkey


We had our first Halloween event tonight here in our neighborhood. It was our annual Fall Festival and I was one of the co-chairs of the games committee. We were blessed with a plethora of teen volunteers and so I was able to enjoy myself {for the most part - a little leary of teens unraveling all of my hard work} and watch Roman play games, dance to the band's music, go on a hay-ride, etc... Roman's first Halloween costume is ooooh ooooh aaaaahhhh aaaaahhhhh... a monkey! And not any ol' monkey - a SOCK monkey! I got the idea while parusing one of the local Halloween Spirit stores and when I saw it, I thought it was the perfect idea, but I also thought "I can make that!". So I did! A $15 Walmart sweatsuit and 80 cents worth of felt later I had whipped up his costume on our sewing machine while plugged in on our coffee table watching Desperate Housewives {what a multi-tasker I am!}. He loved the costume but was weirded out at the chaos of the festival. He had WTF eyes most of the time. I entered him in the costume contest and although he had a lot of votes, I told the judges not to allow him to win since I had bought the prizes and didn't think it was fair. Roman's buddy, Lawson won! He was an adorable spider {adorable? spider? I don't think that adjective has ever been used to describe a spider, except for Miss SunnyPatch} Anyway... just wanted to debut his costume and one of the only crafty things I've done in the last year {even though it looked like Little Black Sambo up until the ears were sewn on}. I even surprised myself by getting the pix uploaded on Shutterfly just a mere 4 hours after the event was over, so check them out!

1 comment:

hear.t. and hue said...

super presh!!!!!!!!!!!

[side note: never mind about the stone spray paint. i think it's unnecessary... and it's so dark you wouldn't be able to see it. UNLESS you were to get white or ivory. but still - probably a waste of $5.]