2) Roman has started mimicking things I say in the same manner and tone that I say them. I didn't realize I had a certain "manner" or "tone" until I witnessed him copying me. In the past, when I'd open the front door to let the dogs back in, I'd clap a few times and say their names and Roman would copy me with the clapping and it was cute. I didn't realize I was adding an extra exclamation after I said Casie's name, though {she really tests my patience, too, because she is lazy & old}. Lately, I've caught Roman saying "Keesha! Keesha! Auuuuuuuuuugh! {clap clap} Keesha! Keesha! Auuuuuuuuugh! {clap clap}". In case you hadn't caught on, he says her name "Keesha". Roman also told me to "hold on" the other day. :)
3) What happened to my sleeper? I probably bragged about him too much or didn't knock on wood enough. Roman used to sleep from 8:30PM-8AM every night and took a 3 hour nap in the afternoon and he even played pretend nap. If I put him down for a nap while people were over, they were amazed I was back so fast because he was so cooperative. We'd just lay him down in his bed and he nestle in and find the right spot and just close his eyes and drift off. Last week a switch went off in his body and now he is a totally different kid. One morning last week he woke up at 5:15 AM and I could hear him sobbing "mommeeee, dadeeee" through the monitor. So I went in to check on him and nothing unusual had happened- no poopy or soaked diaper just a wide eyed and bushy tailed tot. So we went downstairs and started our day and I loaded him up in the car to take him to school... and he fell asleep at 8:45 on the way. The teachers said he wasn't acting differently that day and he came home, took a 3 hour nap and was a wonderfully behaved child the rest of the day {I started thinking that the secret to this great behavior was sleep deprivation}.
Last week, Roman started getting out of his bed after tucking him at night. He'd click on his lamp and go to his train table and play and we'd hear the clanking around through his monitor. We'd start the process over again and he'd get up over again. Finally, along the way he must have just lost his energy and stayed in bed. Then both mornings this past weekend, we were awoken with little hands slapping our faces and Roman calling out "mommeeee, dadeeeee". Thankfully it was just 7:30AM, but still... who knows how long he had been up and he was out of his room. Yikes! Had he wandered around the house? Last night was the worst yet. We put him to bed at 8 because he had a 45 minute nap that day and was sure to be tired after getting 6 hours less sleep over the weekend than usual, right? Wrong. Yada Yada Yada... he fell asleep after 10 and Jason said he came into our room at 1 AM and climbed all over us and played in our bed and Jason took him back to his room and laid with him for an hour before he finally fell back asleep {notice how I said Jason... I was CONKED out}. Well this morning we woke up at 7:30 and he was still sleeping {well he was at least in his room}. I went down to let the dogs out and left the front door open while I accompanied Casie outside {she has a hurt paw} When I turned around to let the dogs back in Roman was standing in the doorway! When I took him up to his room to change him, I laid him on the floor to do his diaper he rubbed his eyes and said "tired". NO SHI-ITE! I reiterated to him that just because his eyes open, he doesn't have to get out of bed. He has been in this big boy bed 6 weeks now and this only just started in the last 5 days. Cross your fingers that this is just a phase and that this too shall pass.

4) Last week while Aunt Leah was in town we were driving through scenic Parkville on our way to dinner in the River Market. I like the route from our house along 9 Highway and then south on 169 to downtown because Roman gets to see so many fun things: trains, boats, airplanes and then when we approach the cityscape of downtown, Roman always says "Wow!" at the {not so much} picturesque downtown KC. Now add to that route, the word "bridge". I don't know who taught him this word because I know I didn't, but he pointed to the Broadway Bridge and said it. However it came out more like "bitch". He kept saying it and Leah knew he'd get ready to say it again and she'd say "Mommy is a..." and then Roman would point to it and say "bridge", this went on for a while because we were stuck in traffic on the bridge. Gotta love sisters.
5) Jason called on his way home from work and said he'd take Roman for an hour up to the golf course with him {treat!}. So that is where they are now... and this is how Roman is dressed:
Plaid hat, red turtleneck, navy blazer & the plaid pants{This is probably the last of the plaid pants
[they're 18-24 months]}
6) So I said this is the "KIDS" edition and by that I mean that Roman is my fleshy kid and Casie & Louie are my furry kids. Louie's fur... is no more, though! Big shock! Jason surprised me this morning by telling me he was taking the dogs to the groomer today! What he failed to mention was that for the first time in Louie's 8 1/2 years, he was getting SHEARED. He had threatened it because Louie's fur gets sooooooo tangled & matted, but I never thought he'd go through with it. Louie's furry chest hair & long tailfeathers on his butt are his trademark, his essence, it is what makes Louie Louie! So Louie came home bald & looking like a puppy and Casie came home with 2 little purple ponytail bows... So freakin' cute!

7) And speaking of the dogs & kids.... this is Roman & cousin Eli having some fun with the dog bowls last week. Yes that is Roman drinking out of it...
8) Roman feeding kids at Carolyn's Country Cousins Pumpkin Patch:
9) Funny photo-op @ the pumpkin patch last week:


7) And speaking of the dogs & kids.... this is Roman & cousin Eli having some fun with the dog bowls last week. Yes that is Roman drinking out of it...
8) Roman feeding kids at Carolyn's Country Cousins Pumpkin Patch:
9) Funny photo-op @ the pumpkin patch last week:


3 comments:
love "monica". how funny is that??? you do need a charm of her. :)
also love roman imitating your actions, words & tones. :) it does get quite funny when they portray you. i'll never forget my friend janette watched her daughter play in her "little people" doll house & when janette asked what the mommy was doing, she said "she's asleep in the chair". :) heeee
oh & about roman telling you to "hold on"... that's being SWEET! yesterday i asked davis to carry in his cup from the car... as i had a shopping bag, my purse & had to carry libby. in quite a rude tone, he told me "YOU HAVE TWO HANDS. you can get it."
we have no idea where he got that from... but it's getting NIPPED. right in the freakin' bud.
OMG & the DOGS!!!!!!
love casie's playful little ponies! and louie... poor louie. he lost his mane. that's like giving FABIO a buzz cut. poor poor louie.
Roman looks so cute going to the golf course. Also, love his language development.
Poor Louie---I'd never recognize his if I saw him on the street. How does he feel? He doesn't look as embarrassed as Griffin did after the groomer.
Post a Comment