Monday, February 2, 2009

6:00 "You say we're young & we don't know...."

So much to celebrate today!

1) That's right Woodchuck-chuckers! It's Groundhog's Day!

The movie Groundhogs Day probably goes down as the most quoted movie in my side of the family. It is definitely up there with Vacation, Parent Trap and even Christmas Vacation. We got into the movie because of the obvious: Leah's birthday is on groundhog's day. I feel like this movie didn't fare so well in the theaters, but became a cult-classic on cable & rentals. Not a gathering goes by without someone in my family saying "Am I right? Or am I right? Or am I right? Right. Right. Right. Right." Jason got into the spirit and when we were in Russia, we took every opportunity to say "Watch out for that first step! It's a dooooooozy" whenever one of us would step off the curb into a slushy pothole. I can't listen to Sonny & Cher croon "I've Got You Babe" without cutting into "OK campers. Rise & shine and don't forget your booties 'cuz its cold out there today..."

2) My sister Leah's Birthday:

Today is my sissy's 29th Birthday and we've been saying for the last few years now that we want to go to Punxatawny, PA to celebrate it. I'm rooting for next year when she turns 30. Lucky for Leah she embraced the fact that she shares her birthday with such an obscure holiday. Because poor Leah gets something "groundhog" every year. Leah is the most "go with the flow" person I know {hey! that rhymes!} She has one of the best personalities out there and I'm lucky to have such a thoughtful and loving person to call my sister.

3) My g-friend Lisa's Birthday:


Lisa probably wishes she was born any other day than on a dorky holiday like Groundhog's Day. She is more suited for a classier holiday like Valentine's Day or President's Day - if only her mother had "held out". {At this point Leah is thinking... dorky, huh? So she thinks Lisa is "classy" and I'm "dorky?"} Lisa and I are sorority sisters and although we didn't meet until freshman year, we grew up only a few miles from eachother and had a ton of mutual friends. We grew closer after college when she and her then-boyfriend and now-husband, Matt and Jason & I spent a lot of time together. Matt & Jason also were friends in college. Both she & Matt were in our wedding party and it was tough leaving them when we moved to Kansas City. Lisa & I still keep in touch and get together every time I get to St. Louis. Every time we talk, we never run out of things to say and never want the moment to end. Cheers!

1 comment:

Leah Warren said...

Love you to sis, and I don't mind dorky (that' me going with the flow)