Last night I was reading Roman his good-night books and he got to pick one and I got to pick one. We read his first and then when I went to pick up my choice, he looked at the book and said "No! No way. Uh uh" and proceeded to take the book out of my hands and throw it on the floor and he stepped on it. {Tell me how you really feel, Roman! He may have just spit on it and torched it the rate he was going on & on about how much he didn't want to read this book}. So teasingly {is that a word? It should be} I picked up the book again and he glared at me, took the book out of my hands and put his hands on my cheek, stared me in the eyes and said very firmly "No. No book". So I took a hint and chose another one {secretly giggling to myself about how adamant he was about NOT reading that particular book}.
So today before nap, we had the same deal - he choose one, I choose one. I chose that book again and he said "No! Hands off" and then he picked up my hands and said "lap" and put my hands in my lap for me so that I couldn't touch that book again.
So why am I trying so hard to read him this book? See for yourself:
Wouldn't YOU be sad, too, if your son put so much effort into not wanting to read this book? It is in pristine condition, don't be surprised if this sucker gets re-gifted this Christmas.

3 comments:
LOL Love it...can't wait to see the rascal
Jack has one like that too!!! Guess How Much I Love You. He will NOT let me read that book to him!! Isn't that strange!!
It reminds me of when I would try to read you girls the German books I had. One of you looked at me and said, "Can't we read SPANISH books instead?" Thank you, Sesame Street, for the death of German language instruction.
Uh, Libby can help you with that sock drawer!
Post a Comment