Yes you read that title correctly. No Christmas Tree for us this year, folks! I finally thought up the "work-around" on how to decorate for Christmas with a rambunctious & curious 2-year old in the house. Instead of having a ground-level tree for Roman to dismantle, swing from & throw the ornaments off of.... I had to "think vertical". I bought 11 tension curtain rods & 1 tension shower curtain rod, wrapped them in pine garland and ribbon & hung my ornaments high up in the window frames. The whole project cost me about $52 {
11 small rods @ $2.45 each & 1 shower curtain rod @ $10 both from Walmart and 4 9-foot pine garlands @ $7.99 each -half off- at Hobby Lobby}. I had so many skeptics that wondered how in the world I was still going to decorate for Christmas now that Roman was here. Decorating for Christmas is something I look forward to all year and I thoroughly enjoy every second of doing it. I usually put on some cheery music or one of my fave Christmas movies {
usually Love Actually} and have a fun drink {
like Chai Tea or Peppermint Hot Chocolate} and light seasonal candles - I'm usually done in one day. This year I had to do it in the course of a week, putting Roman in school each time. There was no time for a movie, or reminiscing over special ornaments, and I had to clean up my mess every afternoon and get the mess back out the next morning. But I'm
done. Wanna see pix? I'm going to pull a "Julie" and brag about how fab"lewis" this looks. I'll definitely be doing this every year - even when I can go back to putting a tree up. I just like how it looks. Now where to put the presents???
{Click each photo to see them enlarged}




4 comments:
Wow. I don't know if anyone else could pull that off with as much finesse as you did!! Great job sis! Looks BEAUTIFUL! Can't wait to see it in person this weekend : )
I did a tribute to you & Roman on my family blog. Just high-lighting some of your best personality traits. And linking to this post. :) hee hee
I am so impressed---great decorating idea! Can't wait to tell all of my friends!
How creative and fabulous! So YOU!
Post a Comment