Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Receiving Roman's Referral - One Year Later


Today {9.24.08} is the one-year anniversary of receiving our referral of Roman. I'm uncertain of when the above picture was taken {maybe a week or so ahead of time?} but this was the first photo we saw of him. In my opinion, although he always appears happier now, he hasn't changed a lot in looks in a year! Imagine... he was only 17 months old in this picture... he looks much older, doesn't he? When we received this picture, we felt a connection with this cutie who looked so much like Jason and I in looks. He was what we always imagined our children looking like. I could say so much more and go on & on & on, however, I'm going to go wake Roman up and give him the biggest kiss/hug/high-five/knuckle combo ever and spend a fun-filled day with this fab"lewis" kid!

7 comments:

Leah Warren said...

Yeah Roman!

Jaclyn Morgan said...

I remember seeing that photo and thinking "This is too good to be true." I was nervous until I saw him get off the plane in KC. Then, I knew he was "ours" for keeps.

jenn said...

What a blessing! We are so happy for you and Jason to have such a beautiful son and so happy for Roman that he has such great parents. Roman has been such a blessing to Scott when he comes in the office! He always comes home telling me how funny and energetic Roman is and that he is a bright spot in his day!
The Rogers Family
p.s. - dinnner some time?

Mizzou81 said...

Hi Roman...we can't wait to see you at Thanksgivng...last year we all watch your video with glee...anticipating your arrival. Uncle Jim & Aunt Deb

Laney said...

Oh how precious! Congrats. Truly something to celebrate!

Missy said...

I opened your blog to read it and looked at that pic versus the one of the 3 of you. He looks so flippin happy in the one with you guys. I remember that photo and how we all waited, holding our breathe, until he was home. He's such a fun little squirt, so energetic and learning so fast. He cracks me up!!

hear.t. and hue said...

yayyyy for roman! we love you so much. i'll never forget getting these pics either! :) so handsome... and i couldn't wait to get you out of that lavender shirt that had been stained from the navy blue ring on the collar. (or at least that's what i think when i see that shirt!)

BUDDY, YOU'RE AWESOME. coolest kid in the northland, i'm CERTAIN.