Friday, September 5, 2008

Flashback Friday - 9/5/08


My Flashback Friday Foto for today was inspired by my recent "lost artifacts" my parents brought me: some of my childhood dolls {see 9/2's 10 on Tuesdays}. This is me Christmas 1979 getting my first Barbie doll. Ain't she a beaut? She had short, curly hair that would get all snaggy & gnarly if you tried to brush it and she wore a yellow satin cat-suit with a detachable long skirt. I named her Barbara because it was my favorite name {and not making the Barbie/Barbara connection at age 5}. It doesn't look like Christmas, you say? I agree... you'd think my mother would put me in some red velvet, or something! Instead I'm wearing a quilted, ho-hum Holly Hobbie/Little House on the Prairie dress. Hmmm... 29 years later and my hair is still the same length, no bangs, parted in the same place... are you thinking what I'm thinking? Stuck in a rut, anyone?!?!

2 comments:

Jaclyn Morgan said...

If I recall, Christmas colors are red and GREEN. You're wearing GREEN. And think of how warm and cozy a full length, quilted jumper would be---OK, it adds a little bulk to the body shape, but, oh so cozy!

Leah Warren said...

Reebs, I think Holly Hobby is making a comeback! You should recreate the look this Christmas considering you still have the same hairstyle and all : )