
1) Roman has started stringing along words to form phrases & sentences. "Run Fast" is the first phrase if that is any indication of how my week has been going...
2) Roman is obsessed with his pockets. When I pick out a pair of pants in the morning and he sees that they are cargo pants he exclaims "Wow! Pocka's!" He was looking for a pocket when he was wearing his pj's and I was too lazy to go up and change him into pants with pockets, so I binder-clipped a sandwich bag to the waistband. How cool do you think he was to have a see-through pocket?!?! A few weeks ago, he stashed an ice cream sandwich in his pocket {see pic below}, he is constantly smuggling golf balls to school in them {& then I find them in his back-pack with notes from the teacher} and I confiscated a bracelet belonging to some poor little girl at the Y yesterday afternoon after cleaning out his pockets. Guess from now on I'll be choosing his pants carefully... cargo's if we're spending the day at home so he can load the "pocka's" up with goodies and sweats if he is heading to school or the Y.

3) Jason and I actually convinced Roman that a deviled egg was an "egg cookie" so he would eat it. He is constantly chanting "Koo-kee, Canny, Cake, Koo-Kee, Canny, Cake"... and to think this kid was eating rye bread and broth 6 months ago!
4) I sure hope Tina Fey comes back to SNL this fall to "mock" Sarah Palin. They are clones and I would love to see Tina/Sarah vs. Amy Poehler/Hilary Clinton fight over "women of power". It would be hilarious! {not knocking Palin... just think it would be funny... I'm not trying to get too political}

5) Pix from my super-fun, jam-packed weekend o' fun are on my Shutterfly account {in the right margin}. I started off with Karah's Bachelorette "Day" at 3:00 pm and headed home from that, immediately put Roman to bed and went down to our neighbor's house for their "So Long Schneider's" going-away party and didn't leave there until about 3:30 am.... I partied for 12 hours straight. Boo-Ya!
6) For those of you that knew about our dog, Louie's toes woes... "the bump" is looking much better, so hopefully there is no cause for alarm. What we thought was possibly a tumor, may only have been an infection, after all, since the swelling has gone down. Keep crossing your fingers that Louie is OK. I think Jason and I have been in denial about how old our dogs really are. Casie is 9 1/2 and Louie is 8 1/2. Dr. Kevorkian is heading down our street this Friday and our household is not ready for him. We'll miss you, Quashy {I know I just butchered your name. Please don't terrorize me when you're in kitty heaven. I know you won't miss Roman pestering you and calling after you "Cot, Cot, Cot, Cot"}
7) The "old" {organized, over-achiever, creative} Rebecca would have probably tried to lovingly make this and pack it in her son's lunch:
The "new" {jaded, lazy, tardy} Rebecca instead packs this {if he's lucky}:
8) I went shopping today with my sister & friend Karah. Before the excursion, my head was filled with thoughts of the 3 of us arm-in-arm strolling down the sidewalks of The Legends, popping into stores, goofing off, purposely modeling ugly outfits for laughs, getting looks from strangers who are jealous of all of our fun, etc... I'm not knocking the shopping trip, but I'm cracking up that we might as well have been 3 strangers who were in 3 different stores at any given time. We'd call or text eachother. "Hey where are you? Gap, you say? OK. I'm going to head down to Banana. Oh! You're going to Stride Rite next? OK see you back at the car!". I've found it is just hard to shop with other women because everyone has different paces, interests, etc... Maybe next time we should choose an outing where we're all in the same room! {Love you guys & had fun, seriously... *those brief moments while we were in the parking lot!*}
9) I'm looking at the fall TV line-up and I just don't see how I'm going to do it all... some shows are going to have to go! I'm still not done watching some of the episodes I DVR'd from the spring and the new shows are about to start. I just don't know how I'm going to fit in my 11 hours of must-see shows + take care of a 2-year old + fart around on Facebook + keep up with my blog. It's just not possible... not even with DVR. I need a laptop... If you're willing to contribute to my laptop fund, click here:
10) You clicked, didn't you!

3 comments:
Honestly I don't know how mom's get by w/o a laptop! I am currently on mine right now while eli is playing in the toilet....ELI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080913/ap_on_en_tv/tv_snl_s_palin
But, not sure if Amy Pohling will be available.
"egg cookie" kind of made me throw up in my mouth a little...
Post a Comment