
1) My sis, Rachel is closing her cREaTe website tomorrow and instead focusing on selling her gorgeous artwork on Etsy. Check it out!
2) We didn't end up going to Cincinnati over Labor Day weekend. Jason had a last minute offer on our model home {yeah!} and not only did the people want to move in pronto, but we had it fully-decorated. So I packed it all up Friday, Jason & friends moved it all out Saturday and he cleaned it & touched it up on Sunday. The people moved in on Sunday night. This is the 3rd time this has happened in 9 months to our model & each time it has been over a holiday weekend. Selling a home is a nice problem to have, but I find it funny that the same situation has occurred so often. Goes to show us that if we want to sell a house, we should wait for a holiday weekend and make plans that we just hate to break!
3) Instead, my parents came up to help us with Roman while we moved the model home & to celebrate my birthday. They brought along some of my long-lost treasures: 5 of my Strawberry Shortcake dolls {they still smell!}, my beloved Annie doll {she was awkward because she was bigger than a Barbie & smaller than a Cabbage Patch... I wasn't sure how to play with her, but I LOVED her} and a few of my Barbies. They also brought some of my old mixed tapes. I'm a trapper-keeper and a Rubik's cube away from a rad '80's party.

4) Rachel, Brett, Davis & Libby came over on Saturday night while my parents were here and we BBQ'd and inflated the waterslide. The kids were all filthy, so we threw them all in the tub. We couldn't help but be reminded of the Shel Silverstein poem:
There's too many kids in this tub
There's too many elbows to scrub
I just washed a behind that I'm sure wasn't mine
There's too many kids in this tub

There's too many elbows to scrub
I just washed a behind that I'm sure wasn't mine
There's too many kids in this tub

5) Roman had a "big boy" weekend. He graduated from his crib to a toddler bed and he sat on the potty several times!
6) Kansas Citians... SAVE THE DATES... 1) October 3&4 - Team Del Smoka Vista / Savage BBQ / C3 Missions will have booth#787 at the American Royal. We're still working on ticket logistics, but put it on your calendar, get your babysitters & start shopping for Western gear now and we'll get back to y'all! 2) November 12 - KCSG Home of Note Tour from 10 am til 8 pm. Buy your tickets from ME!!! Email me for details! The homes are amazing this year!
7) NOT for the faint of heart... Roman received a hand-me-down lion costume from his cousins and I hung it up in his toyroom with his other dress-ups {do boys have "dress-ups?" should I call it something else? How about costumes?} Anyhoo... I was up late one night last week {OK it was several nights last week... Facebook's fault} and I walked sleepily up the stairs and almost had a heart attack & fainted. I forgot about the costume and thought someone had skinned my dog Louie and hung his pelt up... Here is the pic...
8) Roman just asked me to "peese hupp" {please help} so I'll be back to do #9
9) I'm back - I had to zip up his shark tent and we got into a mean game of throw & catch the beach-ball {while zipped up inside the tent - hardly a challenge}.
10) I LOVE FALL and can't wait for "sweater weather"... we'll have a glimpse of it tomorrow and I'm excited!
6) Kansas Citians... SAVE THE DATES... 1) October 3&4 - Team Del Smoka Vista / Savage BBQ / C3 Missions will have booth#787 at the American Royal. We're still working on ticket logistics, but put it on your calendar, get your babysitters & start shopping for Western gear now and we'll get back to y'all! 2) November 12 - KCSG Home of Note Tour from 10 am til 8 pm. Buy your tickets from ME!!! Email me for details! The homes are amazing this year!
7) NOT for the faint of heart... Roman received a hand-me-down lion costume from his cousins and I hung it up in his toyroom with his other dress-ups {do boys have "dress-ups?" should I call it something else? How about costumes?} Anyhoo... I was up late one night last week {OK it was several nights last week... Facebook's fault} and I walked sleepily up the stairs and almost had a heart attack & fainted. I forgot about the costume and thought someone had skinned my dog Louie and hung his pelt up... Here is the pic...
8) Roman just asked me to "peese hupp" {please help} so I'll be back to do #99) I'm back - I had to zip up his shark tent and we got into a mean game of throw & catch the beach-ball {while zipped up inside the tent - hardly a challenge}.
10) I LOVE FALL and can't wait for "sweater weather"... we'll have a glimpse of it tomorrow and I'm excited!

1 comment:
i'm going to forget all that i wanted to comment on, but i'll try.
hilarious about LOUIE & the lion costume!
i spit on my computer laughing at the "private part stars" you gave the kids.
and thanks for the sweet words about cREaTe's big move. etsy's where it's at. or so i've heard... i'm still waiting for my 1st order. but 'til then i'm doing my part as an etsy buyer. :)
love ya sis!
Post a Comment