Thursday, July 16, 2009

Cupcakes for my sweet friend Tawni

Happy {belated} birthday to my friend & neighbor Tawni. I was having computer issues as I was trying to create this entry and everything seems to be OK now. {Again... anyone wanting to donate to the "Rebecca Lewis laptop fund" feel free to donate here and drop down to #8} Back to Tawni... I created this cupcake card for Tawni because it reminded me of her daughter 3-year old daughter Sophie who is always inviting us over for cookie and cupcake decorating parties. The funny thing, is that I took Tawni out for dinner the night of her birthday and she {out of the blue} said "Did you know you can't get cupcakes on Mondays in Kansas City?" I thought it was a funny and random comment until I realized she was just dying for a cupcake to celebrate her big day and she tried to go to several cupcake bakeries in town and they were all closed. So it is perfect that I had made her a cupcake card before knowing she was just jonesin' for one! There are 43 cupcakes up above for Tawni to enjoy {without any guilt!}

Tawni and I had a wonderful dinner at Bravo and I enjoyed our conversations. She is so witty, calm & even-keeled, I usually come away from spending time with her with a whole new spirit - feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. I hope you had a wonderful birthday and got to continue relaxing when you got home!

No comments: