Yahoo posted the Top 10 things dogs should not eat. I reviewed the list and couldn't help but think all of these things are just "another day in the life of Casie & Louie."


10) Sticks - their #1 favorite snack - they've even brought these inside & up to the bedroom to chow down on in our bed!
9) Rubber Bands - I can honestly say there is nothing funnier than seeing a dog chew on a rubber band - their jaws keep bungee'ing up & down, up & down. However, seeing the effects of a digested rubber band on my childhood dog, Griffin, I've been pretty good about picking them up when I see them on the ground. It wasn't a pretty picture. Let's just say the words "bungee" can be used to describe what happens to a certain excrement stuck in a certain body part.
8) Bones - Uhhh... what? Bones are so commonly associated with dogs that it is cliche! Ever heard of the phrase "knick knack paddy whack give a dog a bone?" We at least know not to give Casie & Louie chicken bones {because they're hollow}, but we've been known to walk around Morton's asking people if we could take their bones home {that sounded bad}.
7) Corn Cobs - we love to watch them gnaw on our finished corn cobs. What is man's trash is a dog's treasure! We can honestly say that any corn cobs in the landfills are NOT of our doing.
6) Chew Toys - Petsmart has a whole aisle of chew toys and yet dogs aren't supposed to chew on them? ?!?!?!?!?!?!?
5) Balls - The article said that the ball at least shouldn't fit down the dog's throat. Well Miss Shitzu and Mr. Chihuahua are lucky because every ball is bigger than their throat but what about our golden retrievers? They're supposed to be stuck with soccer balls & basketballs? They aren't as spongy & fun as tennis balls!
4) Rocks - I've had to dig gravel out of Casie's mouth before, but mostly it is Roman who likes to suck on rocks these days.
3) Pantyhose - since I don't wear pantyhose, I don't have a story for this one. So instead I'll list all of the things Griffin {childhood dog}, Daisy {dog cousin}, Casie & Louie have ever devoured that can't be good for dogs, either: ballet shoes, bedskirt, gym bag, button & scrap of fabric off Jason's suit jacket {right before we left for a wedding & he didn't discover it until we arrived at the wedding}, multiple raw chicken breasts, multiple sticks of butter, multiple raw steaks, 1/2 of Sam's size bag of Tootsie Rolls, dead roadkill mole, razor, play-doh, poop, library books, trim molding, diaper wipes, tampons, whole box of chocolate-covered cherries, entire package of hotdog buns, entire packs of gum, approx. 3 dozen cookies I'd just brought home from a cookie exchange, geez... the list could go on & on.... OH! I almost forgot... How random is this? Hopefully my link works and you can see for yourself. If not, take my word for it... the picture they used for "pantyhose" was this one below... Isn't that Camilla Parker Bowles? RANDOM!


2) Underwear - This may be TMI, but when Jason showers he walks out of his boxers and they stay on the bathroom floor until he is done with his shower and then afterwards they {sometimes} make their way to the hamper. Often, the dogs will run off with them and we'll find them in weird places. When Casie was a puppy and we were living in St. Louis, we used to leave the door to the outside open so she could come & go as she pleased while she was potty training while we got ready in the morning. {Unbeknownst to us,} Casie snatched his undies and ran outside and behind the garage where she hid and had a little chew. A few days later Jason was mowing and found them! I had already posted this entry when I remembered another undie story... 2 years ago, Casie stole 6 pair of my clean "unmentionables" from the drying rack and I found them all over the house. I scooped them all up and went to go wash them again. Well I inspected them further to discover she had eaten huge chunks out of all of the crotches {TMI?} and they were destroyed. For those that know me well, they know that I don't spend big bucks on many things. However, these particular "unmentionables" are one of my biggest splurges running at about $20 apiece. I swear by them and won't wear anything else. So Casie didn't get treats for a month and she had to save up her money to buy me more. Luckily the twice-annual Nordstrom's sale happened soon after and she could find a savings. :)
1) Socks were the #1 item vets found in dog's stomachs when X-rayed. Casie & Louie love nothing more than to snatch socks - the funkier stench, the better! They keep a watchful eye on our laundry baskets as we carry them downstairs in the event we drop some socks. They'll sneak into our guests rooms and will root through our guests' dirty laundry. The number of socks that have disappeared by our dogs far exceeds the number we have lost in our dryer.

3 comments:
Way to go---I'll never get your dad to get another dog, now!
too funny!
when daisy was a pup she ate my bra. it was so fun seeing parts of my bra all over our apartment's grassy knoll. :)
too funny!
when daisy was a pup she ate my bra. it was so fun seeing parts of my bra all over our apartment's grassy knoll. :)
and yes... that pantyhose picture is RANDOM.
Post a Comment