Here are a few good Roman stories. Now you'll know why I'm {literally} losing my hair and not only that... why it is turning gray. This all happened in the last few days:
- I had made coffee one morning and opened the fridge door to grab the creamer, I kept the door open with my foot, quickly pivoted around, poured the creamer into my coffee and when I pivoted back around to put the creamer back, I looked past the fridge and could see Roman running off with something. I chased him down and found him trying to shimmy under the dining room table with the SYRUP. Not only had he ditched the lid & cap while running, but he had popped the top to the syrup and was squeezing. THANK GOD it was 1/8 full and it was going to take forever for that cold syrup to run its course out of the bottle.
- Whenever I pick Roman up from child-watch, he always has his shoes & socks off {man I miss summer when I could quickly slip on his crocs}. So I spent {seriously} 10 minutes getting them back on him while he squirmed and wriggled and wiggled out of my clutches. When I finally had them on I took him off my lap and let him stand so I could get up from the chair. He dashed off into the Men's Locker Room. So I stood by the entrance to the room yelling his name. He'd done it before and he'd always come back out after about a minute. Finally a man was getting ready to walk in and I asked him if he could send the little blond boy out. He came back a few minutes later and said "M'am - he's not in there". I suddenly had a hunch where he was and I ran back to the front of the Y and took the shortcut into the pool. Sure enough, there was Roman standing in the zero entry part of the pool {shoes still ON} and the lifeguards were dumbfounded - where did he come from? Who was responsible for him? Jason has been taking Roman to the pool at night at on weekends to work on his skills and as a treat when he is a "good boy". Roman must've caught on how to get to the pool through the men's locker room.
- I needed to give something to 2 of my neighbors today and so Roman and I set out to make our deliveries. Our neighbor Sharon just loves Roman and {foolishly} invited himside. He immediately started opening cabinets, doors, trying to put his finger in her candle flames, etc... Her dog Rizzo isn't a fan of Roman and needed to be held while Roman took over his house. Sharon commented that Rizzo stunk and Roman said "bath - uppie" and proceeded to walk up their stairs to {try and start the bath for Rizzo}. After we left that house, we went to the next one and we rang the doorbell. Our neighbor Rich came out and Roman said "I want canny". Then I remembered... last time we went knocking on doors and ringing doorbells was Halloween night. I said "Roman - that was only on Halloween and we don't say 'I want candy', we say 'trick-or-treat'". Jason said that while trick-or-treating, Roman was going up to homeowners and saying just "treat" or "I want canny" and then he'd grab a fistful and then walk on into their houses!


2 comments:
I just love that little guy---so creative, inquistive and focused! He'll go far in life! (I said that about another little boy who used to live in our neighborhood and he became a professional soccer player)
awww, quit pickin on poor Ro. He's just high energy! :) We passed you guys yesterday on Union Chapel rd. on our way home from the lake. It was hilarious- Pete and I neither one saw you or Jason- we immediately saw Roman's little blonde head in the back seat and both said, "Hi Roman!"
Post a Comment