Friday, November 21, 2008

Flashback Friday - 11/21/08

I just let the dogs out and a gust of frigid air came rushing inside and I'm still trying to warm up. I've got coffee, I'm wearing comfy warm slippers and I'm layered up, but I'm still cold. So I decided to turn to a warm memory {awwwww.....} Today's Flashback Friday picture is from 1980. Rachel & I appear to be playing pre-school or hospital with our dolls {note the walker & couch cushions turned into a bunk bed}. We're wearing our matching "My Heart Belongs to Daddy" pj's, and just thinking about those pj's give me warm fuzzies. I think they were purchased at JCPenney's and we wore those suckers for YEARS. I'll bet I can do an nice little photo montage sometime of us in those jammies. They were flannel, 2-piece and had ruffles & little red hearts all over them {so girly!}. The best part was the message on the chest. I guess it is time mention the little annoying sister trying to creep into our picture and sabotage our playing - that is Leah!

{2 side notes: 1) the child-size rocker in the foreground is now Roman's rocker in our living room! He has a lot of pictures taken in it. 2) those couch cushions were from our living room couch which is also featured in the movie "Edward Scissorhands" which is set in the '60's yet this pic was taken in 1980... hmmmm....}

1 comment:

Jaclyn Morgan said...

Did you HAVE to bring up the Edward Scissorhand's sofa?

That must have been your walker that we donated to Shriner's children's hospital.