I love to sleep! Love it Love it Love it. I have the most comfy mattress, the most mushy pillow, the best thread-count sheets I can afford (think they're like 1000 or something). I even have 2 comfy couches if Jason is snoring and I need another place to go and I've recently discovered how relaxing and comfortable our $50 Lazy Lounger patio furniture is to lay on thanks to my recent back troubles. Back pain aside... a typical night lately goes like this:
Read book with book light because Jason is already asleep. Read one chapter. Read second chapter. Drifting... drifting... drifting...HOT! Kick comforter off. COLD! Drape it back over me. HOT! Kick comforter off again, but this time leaving it 1/2 way on to prevent the "cold" that inevitably will follow. Damn! COLD again. Drape comforter back over me. Drifting... drifting... drifting... What's that digging in my back? Dog paw. Get up. Coax Casie out of bed. Tug. Pull. Nothing. She's dead weight. Get back in bed. Shift Casie. Lay there. Damn! I have a second wind. Grab book & book light. Read third chapter. Read fourth chapter. Maybe I'm keeping myself awake by reading? Light off and bookmark in. Darkness. Tick tock tick tock tick tock. Airplane (we live obnoxiously close to the airport). More tick tock. Darkness. Oooh! I can't forget to buy Tide tomorrow! Get up. Feel my way through the darkness to bathroom. Turn on accent lighting as not to wake up Jason (Yea right). Take out memo pad I keep in here for just this occasion. Where's pen? Damn! On nightstand. Go get pen. Come back to bathroom & pad of paper. What was I doing again? Shoot! I can't remember. Go pee. Still don't remember what I was doing up in the first place. Go back to bed (yes... I washed my hands you sicko's!). Darkness. Train choo-chooing in the distance (we also live obnoxiously close to train tracks). Tick tock. A/C whirs on. Tick tock. Drifting... drifting... drifting... TIDE! Up! Go back to bathroom. Where'd that pad of paper go? Oh yes! Next to toilet in case I remembered what I was doing up that last time I went pee. Decide to pee again while I'm here. Write "Tide" down on piece of paper (after washing hands of course). Lotion. Since I'm up Louie thinks it's time to get up so he pesters me to go outside. Go outside. Louie has barking fit at a junebug flittering around. Yell (quietly... is that possible?) to Louie to come back in. Back to bed. Have another second wind. Get book back out and finally fall asleep leaving my book to flop over on the floor (thus losing my place) and wake up to bent glasses frames.
I never wake Jason up doing all of this. Jason is a LOG. Sick dog? I get up. Crying child? I get up. Phone? Alarm? A-bomb? Me, Me, Me.
Thank God for my (morning) caffeine addiction and a good under-eye cream.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh & you asked if we could share the guest bed at mom's house this weekend? Oh Lordy... can't wait!
Sounds like my usual night. I have another step: "Oh, my foot is numb, am I having a stroke, did I get a blood clot from the airplane. Better get up and take some aspirin."
Fell asleep on the couch at 7 last night, slept until 10:15, went to bed and slept until 4:00 AM---that's the most sleep I've had in WEEKS!
Post a Comment