
1) PDO (Parent's Day Out) is closed this week. Enough said...
2) Yesterday, Roman would not get up from his nap {I know... lucky me!}. Thinking if I offered him a snack of yogurt, he'd get up, but he said "no". So I lured him out with the promise of apples & cheese. Little does he know I was willing to up the ante and I have Nilla Cakesters in the pantry. My pudgy little 2-year old butt wouldn't have gotten out of bed for anything less than an Oreo and this health-nut is jonesin' for apples & cheese!
3) The high in KC yesterday was supposed to be 97 but every time I looked at the thermometer it never got higher than 78 & it was so breezy we went for a wagon ride and I could have used a hoodie! How could they be off by 20 degrees? No wonder I saw the meteorologist Katie Horner for the first time at the gym. She's probably out of a job after that prediction! {I'll take the 78 in July... no prob!}
4) I am down to my last 2 pieces of Blueberry Orbit gum that I bought in Russia (in February). I LOVE it and wish they sold that flavor here. In the meantime, I chew Sangria Fresca, Mint Mojito and Positively Pomegranate Orbit, but it just isn't the same. Anyone going to Russia soon and willing to pick me up a few packs?
5) A new Target just opened up right by me here in KC last week, but I am more excited about the one that opened up 250 miles away in St. Louis near my parent's house. It is practically in their back-yard. Rachel & I went up there last week and were like kids in a candy store. We closed the place down (they were turning off the lights on us). I still can't believe we spent $150 between the 2 of us... I think it was pure adrenaline & the fact that neither of us had our kiddo's (who were sound asleep under the watchful ear of our parents via the baby monitor, although I'm pretty sure the monitors would have reached to Target... it's that close).
6) Speaking of the baby monitor, I love listening to Roman as he falls asleep /wakes up. He reviews words he knows... he just lists them. His lists are getting longer & longer the more English he is picking up! Little Learner!
7) Roman is obsessed with temperatures. He always asks if something is going to be hot or cold. Last night while Jason was grilling salmon, Roman asked Jason if the grill was hot, Jason said "yes" and Roman proceeded to touch it. About 30 seconds later he started sobbing, then shreiking. He wouldn't let us look at his finger, he wouldn't let us console him, he wouldn't let us come near him, he wouldn't let us look at him... typical 2-year old antics, but we were really worried. Finally he let us pick him up and we looked at his fingers... nothing. We tried to put ice on his fingers but he wouldn't let us (even the cool Lighting McQueen ice pack). It was time for dinner and we didn't know what to do. Jason went back and touched the grill where Roman did and told me it wasn't hot - just warm, but we just couldn't calm Roman down. Before this all started, Roman saw me preparing his dinner and was anxious to get started, so I thought that if I gave him his dinner, everything would be better, but it wasn't. At this point, he is wanting kiss after kiss for his finger, so we are obliging because we feel sorry for him. He still won't eat. Then I have an idea! I go to the pantry, open up a box of Teddy Grahams and give him one. Chomp. Problem solved and the "burnt" finger was never spoke of again. Faker!
8) I went back to pilates yesterday after a 3 1/2 week hiatus due to my back troubles. OUCH! Not my back, but my muscles!

9) Did anyone else see Mamma Mia and wish the theater had a dance floor? I'm pretty sure my feet were bopping around more than they weren't. If you haven't seen it yet... stay for the credits... so worth it!
10)Did you ever stare at the computer for so long that when you went to bed & it was pitch-black you felt like your eyeballs were glowing? I have! Last night! Don't ask what I was doing... it's just 4 hours of my life I'll never get back! Damn addicting internet...

3 comments:
Poor little guy is probably still overly tired from the weekend.
I love that he practices his words when he's in his crib.
I love #10. So me. AND that Roman practices words. CUTIE SMARTY PANTS!
I just had a good laugh when you were talking about looking at the computer to long and your eyes glowing! Your thought just seemed to come out of the blue!
Post a Comment