Sunday, March 1, 2009

GOTCHA!


March 1, 2008 - landing in Atlanta, GA -
Roman is officially a US Citizen & officially "ours!"

Today is Roman's 1st "Gotcha Day!" To say Roman has flourished in the last year is a huge understatement. He has probably made bigger strides than other kids his age. Can you imagine not being 2 years old yet and leaving the only home you've known: caretakers, friends, familiar surroundings... and leaving all of that with 2 strangers who don't speak your language, {have no freakin' clue what they're doing}, getting in a car {for maybe the 4th time in his life}, going to a hotel, sleeping in a weird pack & play, waking up to find that you're not in familiar surroundings, getting on a plane, sleeping in another strange place for 3 nights, getting on another plane for 12 hours, sleeping in another strange place, having 2 dogs chase & knock you down and lick your face {for the first time}… {and may I add at 4 am!}... I can go on & on. I'm emphasizing that none of us can fathom the bravery and trust Roman had to go through. Maybe I’m not giving Roman enough credit, but I doubt that he grasps the concept of the significance of today. I’ll explain it to the best of my ability and will document it with {probably too many} photographs. I will do everything in my power to make this a memorable day for him. He deserves every bit of glory, attention and praise. He is a survivor, he is the definition of “resilient” and he is forever, unconditionally and truly loved. We love you, Buggy!


{Check back for video of Roman's 1st Year! It will

"debut"@ his party and I'll post it afterwards!}

4 comments:

Deb said...

Enjoy this special day :) Wish we could be there!

Missy said...

Wish we could have been there. We had so much stuff in the truck we had to take to the lake or Pete couldn't have used his truck all week! Your post made me cry and i'm so anxious to see his video! He's such a doll and has come so far. He's a lucky little boy to have you and Jason as parents! Loev you guys!

Jaclyn Morgan said...

I was just telling mom how impressed I am with Roman after spending the weekend with you guys. His ability to share and follow directions (when he chooses to follow them!) blow me away. Not only does he deserve a pat on the back, but you and Jason do too. I know it has not been the easiest year, but I do know you guys have given him so much...we can't wait to celebrate this day again! (leah on mom's computer...)

hear.t. and hue said...

he is all those things you said. he is AMAZING. what a kid. :)