
1) This past weekend, Roman woke up a bit on the wild side and I woke up a bit on the mild side. It wasn't a good combo, so I had to use his need for activity to my advantage. I put him to work as my "helper" and we went around the house tidying up and organizing. I gave him what I thought he would deem as "important" jobs and one such job was switching out the front door wreaths. I lifted him up, let him take the Christmas/Winter one off the hook and *shocker* let him carry it all the way downstairs. He felt like a king with that job! I even let him bring the new spring wreath upstairs and I let him hang it on the hook. {I should stop here to remind everyone that Roman is a quick-change artist. He can go from 0-100 in a flash and he can go from helpful to mischievous in the blink of an eye.} So I'm all proud of my helpful son and I tell him that now we need to take a few steps back to see if the wreath is straight. As I'm admiring the new wreath, I turn to Roman to say something and he's gone. He's already ran one house down. I start to approach him and he is 2 houses down. {Oh! Did I forget to mention that he is barefoot and in his pj's?} So he gets to 4 houses down and I decide I'm going back inside to see what he does. I spy on him out of a window and I see him marching back up the street. As he gets closer I see him searching for me. I open the front door and he runs up the street. I approach him and he gets 2 houses away. Well 3 houses away is the "main drag" and I couldn't deal with that, so I bolted as fast as my slippers would take me {and now I guess its time to mention I, too, am in my pj's, slippers, glasses and am braless. TMI?} I tackled him to the ground and carried him back inside where he spent a while in timeout. This has happened before {and will happen again} and I told him that he'll lose privilidges when he runs away like that. Sooo....
2) .... Flash forward a few hours... We arrive home from errands and Roman sees his buddy Lawson outside so he asks to play. I agree but didn't realize Lawson and his mommy & grandparents were getting ready to go on a walk. Lawson sees Roman and bee-lines it over to him. Lawson's mom, Vicki reminds Lawson that they're going on a walk but he is focused on playing with Roman and they start running down the hill to our backyard swingset. Well at first glance, it looked like they were both running away to play. At second glance, I realized Roman was trying to corral Lawson and bring him back up the hill. Roman grabbed him by the arm and marched Lawson back up the hill and was saying "Law(th)on. Li(th)en. No running away." I LOVE how Roman does indeed listen to me, {or should I say "lithen"} but the rules don't apply to him!
3) I stumbled upon this hysterical website/blog to check out if you A) want to feel better about yourself & your own eating habits or B) need dinner ideas. My personal fave is this:
4) Roman dressed himself the other day at 6 am before he came into our room: gray short-sleeve t-shirt with red bandana-patterned GAP, black herringbone wool {about an inch too short} "fancy" pants and flip-flops. Up until now he has fully complied with the outfits I've selected. His preferences have started shining through. Let the battles begin.
5) I've added the Poll feature to my blog. Look at the right column & scroll all the way to the bottom. Here are the pix for you to reference:
6) We made a video for Roman's 1st Anniversary home {and yes... I know I still need to post it} and he loves watching it and yelling out the names of various family members and friends in it. I love that he loves it.7) On our recent trip to Colorado, we woke Roman up early and carried him to the car in his pj's. We hoped he would fall back to sleep but didn't dare look back at him. It was dark, so we just hoped for the best. As we were leaving our neighborhood, we turned left {95% of the time we go anywhere, we turn right} and we heard this raspy little voice say "Codderado dis way?" He is so observant. {And no... he never did fall back to sleep}
8) I'm so glad "My Boys" is coming back on {TBS} at the end of this month. I love that show. I think the character PJ has the best personality! And Jim Gaffigan is hysterical!

9) I'm so happy to be scrapbooking again. I'm over 4 years behind and am taking more pix than ever now that we have Roman. I hated the thought of Roman looking at the completed scrapbooks and getting a complex because Casie & Louie each had special pages, all of our friend's babies had special pages and he had nothing! It is going to take forever to catch up, but I'll have a good time trying!
10) Well its still Tuesday because I got this done before midnite mountain time!


2 comments:
That "why you're so fat" blog is disgusting! The taco looked good until they put in the blueberry pancake! Speaking of blueberries. . .the blueberry waffle with all sorts of eggs and bacon may entice a few kids I know to be more adventurous. . .NOT!
Loved the Roman stories, as usual, and I voted!
oh i love "codderado dis way?" that is sooooo cute!
Post a Comment