Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Romanisms

Ever since Roman had tubes in his ears just before Christmas, his language has blossomed. He went from speaking in choppy gramatically-incorrect incomplete sentences to a 3-year old with an adult vocabulary. A few weeks ago, I told him we'd read 2 books before going to bed and he told me "no - several." The night of his birthday, as we were leaving dinner, Roman told Jason & I that "Jesus came back." I said "you mean at Easter?" to which Roman responded "Yes! Jesus loves meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!" This morning, he was rolling the ottoman around the first floor {Grrr.... it is now in the guest room for a few years... just one more thing I don't have to say "no" to} and I kept asking him to stop and come back and eat breakfast. After the gagillionth time asking him, I walked over to him, plucked him off of it and brought him back to the kitchen, leaving the ottoman where it was - right in front of the front door. As I brought him into the kitchen, he told me "That's not where it belongs! Take it back to the living room!" As he is using more adult words in their correct context, I can't help but giggle at the babyish sounding words he still uses:
  • pen-jolly = peanut butter & jelly {sandwich}
  • fling-ga-bo = flamingo
  • Carl - squirrel
  • la-lops = flip-flops
  • bally-boo = Bible
  • ikes = still using this for "sunglasses" - a year later :)
  • mookies = music
  • pack-pack = backpack
  • eps 'n eps = m&m's
  • hwing = swing
  • hominy hominy = Handy Manny
And he is learning songs. I've tried my best to get them on video but he clams up once the camera is on. One song in particular goes like this:

"Humpy Humpy sat da da da da da da da wall. Humpy Humpy da da da da da da da da wall. Horses Horses da da da da da da again."

{Those "da da da da's" are really quick & fast, too.}

1 comment:

Leah Warren said...

Wow that baptism sure worked quickly!