Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Romanism's {9 months later...}

Some of these I'm not exactly proud of because Roman was being so naughty/ornery when he did some of these Romanisms... however it gives you a glimpse of what living with a 4 year and 10 month old boy is like!!!

* We pretty much work on learning letters and numbers every chance we get. In the car one day Roman asked me to quiz him on some so I asked him questions like "Roman - what letter does 'dinosaur' start with?" or "what letter does 'cookie' start with?" etc... He was answering correctly for the most part but then got annoyed and finally asked me a question: "Mom - what letter does 'shut up' start with?"

* One day when we were working on math and numbers we had counted collections of different things all day. While putting him to bed, Roman counted to 4 while looking at my face. I asked him what he was counting and he said "bumps". I kind of laughed and said "oh! are you counting mommy's zits?" He said "yes and I missed one - you have 5! And 'zit' starts with a 'Z'!"

* We have a bounce house place at our local outdoor mall and I often park outside of the commons area where there is an indoor toddler playplace and little lounge area that we "cut through" on our way from the parking lot to the bounce house. I had Roman and his friend Ava with me one day and while cutting though the toddler playplace they asked me if that was where they were playing. I said "No we're just walking through. We're going to the bounce house" and Roman said "Good! Because I don't feel like smelling their {the baby/toddler's} diapers."

* Roman has been making some particularly healthy eating choices lately. Two humorous ones: when serving chocolate fudge pudding mixed with marshmallows, topped with whipped cream, chocolate chips and a cherry, Roman ate two bites, put down his spoon and went to the fridge and took out some tupperware of celery and said "I'm going to have some of my favorite most delicious salad!" and proceeded to eat celery. The next morning, we were at Starbucks and Jason and I let him choose anything in the baked goods case {scones, cookies, brownies, etc...} and he chose the cheese cubes, grapes and baby carrot combo!

* We have been carpooling to preschool with some little ladies in our neighborhood. One of the girls brought her new Valentines gift to school with her - a pink stuffed cat she named "Pinkalicious." She asked Roman to say "good morning" to Pinkalicious and he refused. She was getting kind of upset and I thought he was teasing her by refusing. When I got out of the car to get the other little girl, they continued going back & forth. That night at church, the little girl was there and she had Pinkalicious with her again and the bickering continued. On the way home from church that night {12 hours after the whole thing started} Roman finally asked me "Who in the heck is Pinkalicious?"

* I wish I had a picture of this... perhaps I'll get something to scan in at our parent/teacher conference in a few weeks... For a few weeks late last fall, Roman was signing his papers at school "Ron" just leaving out the "M" and "A."

* At the Chick-Fil-A indoor playplace, the static electricity was crazy. I heard a huge crack and then heard Roman yell "I shocked my wiener!"

* "Water and cookies don't make yummy burps but water and mints do."

* Roman had been using the phrase "muscle tough" {accompanied by a muscle flex} and I didn't know where he got it from but thought it was kind of funny. It wasn't until we were listening to the Black Eyed Peas "I Gotta Feeling" and they say "Mazel Tov" that I realized he thinks they're saying "muscle tough."

* Roman and I were playing legos one day and he wanted to make a lego restaurant. So once I had built the building he proceeded to fill it with lego customers but before they entered the threshold he took off all of their hair. I asked him why and he said it was a "none hair" restaurant. Then he asked why Reganne's dad {who is one of the only bald people he knows} "chooses not to wear his hair" {Roman's EXACT words.}

* While I was doing my hair one morning, Roman reached for a brush and proceeded to rub himself "down there" with it while saying "this brush makes a good weiner scratcher!"