Sorry for the 4-month delay in posts - that's what happens when you parent a very active 4-year old boy. Naps are a thing of the past, so there's no hope for blogging during the day and in the evenings when I could previously sit down and blog after putting him to sleep, I'm exhausted myself and am in bed about an hour after him.
We've had a great summer so far and Roman has done and said some hilarious things:
* Our KU fan neighbors were trying to get Roman to say "Rock Chalk Jayhawk" and Roman kept saying "Rock Paper Scissors"
* He thinks that dead people are lurking at the "dead end" of the street
* "If I call 119 will Spiderman come?" Before I could answer, he then corrected himself with 911 and I had to quickly tell him "no" that Spiderman only comes when you open the door and yell for him. I didn't want him continuously picking up our phone and calling the fire/police/ambulances.
* Whenever he gets a cut or a scrape, he starts yelling "I've got the bleed! I've got the bleed!" He remembered that he fell at the waterpark last summer and when we went up there again this year, he asked "is this the place where I got the bleed and got a stitch?"
* There is a large inflatable rum bottle at a liquor store by our house and Roman wants to know why he can't go in the "bounce house"
* All Spring, Roman kept finding toads in our backyard and keeping them as pets for a few days. All of the other neighborhood kiddos were wanting to hold the toads and Roman would never let them. Finally I told him that he had to share his toad or I was going to put him in the woods. A few minutes later he came up to me with a few friends trailing behind and I asked where the toad was. He said "I threw him in the woods." So I take it he'd rather not have a toad than share the toad.
* Jason went out of town one weekend and I was sick with strep and not really up to the challenge of being a single parent. I created a behavior/checkmark chart specifically for that weekend and told Roman if he completed the chart with checkmarks for good behavior that he could pick out a prize at Target. I was willing to go up to $20 and he chose a box of Cheez-its and a $2 bouncy ball. The best part was that I sent him down the cracker aisle and let him get the Cheez-its himself and didn't realize until after we paid for them that he picked up "reduced-fat." Why "Cheez-its", you ask? Because I had previously been buying Goldfish and apparently they're now for "babies."
* Here are 2 videos. One is a rare moment of Roman falling asleep somewhere besides his bed or car-seat. The other is of him riding his bike without training wheels. He learned in about 3 minutes and this video was taking at about minute 6. I just love his cocky little song!

2 comments:
He is so friggin' unbelievable it's not even funny. Can't wait to see some of your trick Thursday Rome!
Love that "I'm ridin' my bike!"
Post a Comment