Friday, September 18, 2009

Romanism's

We met some friends at Penguin Park today and there was a school group setting up for a picnic. When they turned the music on {"Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves} Roman immediately hopped to it and started grooving, gettin' down and just plain gettin' jiggy with it. I've never seen him like this... Here he is with his galpal Ava and another random girl and wanted in on the dancing action!



Other funny Romanisms lately...

When staying with my parents in St. Louis, Roman saw that my dad's mini-van was dirty and needed to be washed. As Roman and my mom left to go on a walk Roman told Popo he needed to wash his car. When they returned from the walk 10 minutes later, Roman told Popo "You did not wash your car. You weren't listening to me. You are not getting a checkmark."

When watching "Ratatootie" {as he calls it} Roman tattled on the bad-guy character "Skinner" to us and told us he was being mean. He added "He is not getting a checkmark."

Roman told me this morning I wasn't getting a checkmark because I didn't call out "Oh Tootles!!" along with Roman, Mickey and the gang on The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

Oh and by the way... We're on a checkmark behavior system.... Can you tell?

One morning Roman randomly said "Mommy is in charge. Daddy is in charge. Roman is in charge." I said "NO. Mommy is in charge. Daddy is in charge..." and then I proceeded to name several adults that Roman interacts with on a daily basis and said they are all in charge. I also added Roman is not in charge. He randomly said "my pee pee is in charge". I couldn't help but answer "someday it will be".

Roman has been making puns and jokes lately. He had my old Cabbage Patch Kid and wanted me to get her dressed. He handed me her shirt and then said "Here is a shoe " and then he paused for a little but and said it again, "A shoe. Achoo" and he proceeded to fake sneeze while he said "Achoo"

Jason has friends named Chip and Marc. One day as we were leaving the subdivision, we followed Chip in his truck. Roman was "all 20 Questions": "Where is Chip going?" " Why did Chip turn that way?" "Were {Chip's kids} Brooke and Trent in the car?" ... yada yada yada. A few minute later Roman said he saw a dog out the car window. I asked where it was and Roman answered "In the wood chips. Not on Chip. The WOOD CHIPS." And I like how he over-annunciated "wood chips." A few days later Roman saw a scuff on the wall and asked what it was. I told him it was just a "mark." Roman said "Who did it? Marc? Is it Marc's Mark?"

Jason and I switched cars one day and Roman was commenting that daddy has a lot of stuff in his car. And of course Roman asked the magical question "Why?" I told him "In case he needs this stuff it is always around." Roman said "Casie needs it? And Louie?" {Casie and Louie are our dogs.}

2 comments:

Jaclyn Morgan said...

I think roman could give Ava some dance lessons.

always love the romanisms!

Leah Warren said...

He is one funny lil' guy!