Thursday, March 4, 2010

Romanism's

I remembered another Romanese word where he drops the first syllable/letter: Instead of remote, he just says "mote." I remembered that one this morning when he woke up and came downstairs all by himself and started a DVD. He told us he didn't even use the "mote."
-----
We go to the contemporary service at our church and when I say "we" I don't mean Roman - he is in Sunday School. Well after donuts and playing in the gym, we head back to our car and have to pass the sanctuary and often the more traditional service is in progress. Roman gets stopped in his tracks everytime he sees that choir up front singing. A few times, I had already made it to the car and was wondering where Jason and Roman were. This past Sunday was no different but because we weren't in a hurry, I decided we would stay until his behavior dictated we needed to leave. So he is just mesmerized with the choir and standing in the center aisle just clapping away and I didn't mind that he was standing there but I knew he had to move for the ushers, etc... They started the prayers and Roman held his hands exactly as he should. The problem was Roman is used to a quick melodic prayer and not a long monotone one. He was a trooper, though and stood there with his hands in "steeple" position prayer and then finally said {not whispered} "What time is this lady gonna say 'amen'?" There were a few giggles and I took that as my cue to leave before he commented on the sermon.


Roman got a new DVD for his "Gotcha Day": Dora's World Adventure. We let him watch it in the car after we gave it to him when we went out to dinner to celebrate. So Dora is singing a song while she is couting animals and sings verses like "Look at the giraffes eating leaves off a tree. How many are there?" and the child is either supposed to count or guess that "three" rhymes with "tree". So on to #5 and the elephants: Dora sings " Look at all those elephants happy to be alive. How many are there?" and Roman says "A LOT!" Soooooooooo funny... I thought Jason was going to drive off the road we were laughing so hard.
-----
Here are a few recent "Roman Randomness" videos for your viewing pleasure:





2 comments:

Jaclyn Morgan said...

What a kid! All of the stories were great, but I love the church one---so like kids NOT to whisper. I think that's why the church nursery was invented---to keep the criticisms of the service (and the members of the congregation) to a minimum.

Thanks for the videos! It helps grandparents far away get a feeling of being there!

Leah Warren said...

Aren't you thankful he wasn't at one of the Long reunions during the prayer? Then again, Grandma could have used the reminder from someone else, rather than outing herself : )